Thursday, December 15, 2005

Airtel : Status Update

Just thot wud give an update on my predicament with the Airtel Data Card.

After all the trouble and travail that I had been through, I was able to locate that one customer care chap, who actually cared for the customer!! This chap, dunno if i shud take his name here, went way beyond his duty to ensure that I was connected!! he took care of calling up and co-ordinating with all the varied teams within Airtel to get my problem sorted out. And to top it he calls me up to confirm if my problem has been solved!! After going through two dozen good-for-nuthin people it really is a relief to find someone like that!! I promptly shot off a "customer-appreciation" mail mentioning this chap!! Hope it helps him!!:)

As for the GPRS net connection, its zimbly amazing!! The freedom to use the net newhere is gr8, after all these years of hving to dial up and sit rt next to ur telephone!! The speeds vary from 80KBPS to 220KBPS, good enough for me and it is accessible at the same rate anywhere in India, where there is an Airtel n/w!! The only stumbling block is the initial cost of the card.. 12 grands!! :(

No comments: