Monday, December 19, 2005

Stranger on the Road

Travelling in Bangalore these days is simply a nightmare. And if u r in the driver's seat its pure hell!! A 10 KM stretch from e-city to Silk Board Jn. on the very infamous Hosur Road could take you anthing from 45 mins to 3 hours. But usually the painpoints start abt halfway down the route.

Yesterday was a different story. Abt a km after e-city, traffic comes to a dead stop!! Two vehicles that broke down on two diff lanes, blocking most of the traffic!! Frustrating is an under statement... I was hungry, tired and was longing for a warm cozy bed!! All these factors combined to probably give me a very grumpy appearance.. :(

Just ahead of my car, was a very common sight on Bangalore roads... the call center cabs!! They generally come in the shape of a Qualis/Safari/Indica or the good ol' Amby!! This one was a Safari and sitting on the rear end was a lady, who was trying to catch my attention.. well she was making faces at me!!

Once she found that she had me looking her way, she asked me "Why the grumpy face?!" .. and I replied.."The damn traffic!!" .. well, she said "Dont worry, just be happy n smiling!!"

The fact is the entire conversation happened through a barrier of two windshields and without a single word spoken!! Yep.. it was all using simples signs!!

As the traffic moved at a snail's pace, we continued this conversation and once we got out of it, bid her good bye..

No idea who this person is.. but whoever n wherever she is.. thank you!! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bala

If it weren't for the traffic u wud have never met her, and u wouldn’t have this nice tingly feeling that u are having right now.

-Bincy

Sujith said...

saale I am sure you would have gotten off your car, went over and got her number also :)
Sach bata saale
and hows the N series???

Binush said...

yeah Sujith knowing bala he would have taken her address by whatever language that would have mattered to him!!! leave alone SIGN language.

Ram said...

Great article! I have to reconsider my decision to move to Bang! So much for my Big Bang theory!